When your family makes the difficult decision to place an elderly relative in a nursing home, it is reasonable to expect they will receive the best possible care.
Unfortunately, reality does not always meet expectations. Families rightfully feel wronged when a nursing home uses neglectful or abusive practices that injure their loved ones.
We are eager to help and assist you in holding the correct people responsible when you or a loved one is injured from a nursing home’s negligent or abusive practices.
Nursing Home Wrongful Death Settlements in Georgia
- $1,800,000 settlement for the family of a nursing home resident who died after falling and hitting her head during a bed linen change.
- $950,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a patient who fell.
- $617,295.24 settlement for the wrongful death of a resident at a nursing home.
- Additional settlements and awards.
Nursing homes accept full responsibility for the care and safety of your family member when they agree to host them. That includes following specified care plans and taking reasonable care to keep each resident safe.
Our client, Christine, fell victim to her nursing home’s neglectful practices. She fell out of bed and hit her head while in the care of a Grace Healthcare employee. Christine died from the injuries she sustained when she fell because of the employee’s lack of training.
Recently, a jury awarded Christine’s family $1.8 million for the pain and suffering Christine suffered before she died.
BBGA attorney Evan Jones, along with co-counsel from Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC, Atlanta, represented Christine’s family to ensure they received a fair nursing home lawsuit settlement.
Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Settlements in Georgia
- $975,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a nursing home patient who developed a subclavian port infection.
- $300,000 settlement for failure to prevent elopement, falls, and notify the attending physician of a change in the condition of a resident with Alzheimer’s.
- $300,000 settlement for an elderly resident who was dropped while being placed in a Hoyer Lift.
- $250,000 settlement for a resident at an assisted living facility who fell and broke her hip because the facility took her walker away.
- $225,000 settlement for a resident who was burned with a hairdryer when a caregiver attempted to dry wet sheets.
- Additional Confidential settlements.
Contact Us for Help
Nursing homes work diligently to protect themselves from liability when residents are injured. If you are looking to file a nursing home lawsuit, you need a group of passionate and experienced nursing home attorneys on your side.
The team at BBGA has secured more than $15 million in recent years for victims of nursing home abuse and neglect.
If your loved one has been injured at a nursing home or long-term care facility because of negligent or abusive practices, we’re ready to help you hold the right people responsible.