ATHENS, Ga. – (February 11, 2019) – Governor Brian Kemp announced Thursday 25 appointments to the state Judicial Nominating Commission and among the 25 chosen was one Athens attorney.
Drew Hill, a shareholder at Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C. in Athens, has been selected to sit on the commission, which makes recommendations to the governor, who then fills judicial vacancies across Georgia.
“I am truly honored to be chosen by the Governor and I look forward to working with the other commission members in making judicial vacancy recommendations,” Hill said.
Governor Kemp released a statement thanking each attorney for their service.
“As governor, I am honored to appoint this impressive coalition of attorneys to the Judicial Nominating Commission. Together, we will work tirelessly to ensure that members of the state’s judiciary branch represent our values and serve with integrity and humility,” Governor Kemp said. “I thank each of these distinguished individuals for accepting this call to service on behalf of hardworking Georgians across our state.”
Below is the full list of Gov. Kemp’s appointments:
- Mark Middleton – Atlanta, GA – Counsel, Gilbert, Harrell, Sumerford & Martin, P.C.
- Vincent Russo – Atlanta, GA – Partner, The Robbins Firm
- Shannon Wallace – Canton, GA – District Attorney, Blue Ridge Judicial Circuit
- Neera Bahl – Atlanta, GA – Attorney at Law, One Path Legal
- Beth Beskin – Atlanta, GA – Attorney at Law, Elizabeth A. Beskin, P.C.
- Michael Boggs – Atlanta, GA – Justice, Georgia Supreme Court
- Derek Bottoms – Atlanta, GA – Vice President, The Home Depot
- Lance Cooper – Marietta, GA – Partner, The Cooper Firm
- Meg Heap – Savannah, GA – District Attorney, Eastern Judicial Circuit
- Robert Highsmith – Atlanta, GA – Partner, Holland & Knight
- Drew Hill – Athens, GA – Shareholder, Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C.
- Anne Kaufold-Wiggins – Vidalia, GA – Partner, Balch & Bingham LLP
- Shawn E. LaGrua – Atlanta, GA – Judge, Fulton County Superior Court
- Anh Le – Decatur, GA – Director of Operations & Business Development, King Commercial Properties, Inc.
- Quentin Marlin – Savannah, GA – Partner, Ellis, Painter, Ratterree & Adams LLP
- John Mroczko – Cartersville, GA – Attorney at Law, John T. Mroczko, P.C.
- Brooke Newby – Perry, GA – Managing Partner, Walker Hulbert Gray & Moore, LLP
- Natalie Paine – Augusta, GA – District Attorney, Augusta Judicial Circuit
- Darrell Sutton – Marietta, GA – Partner, Sutton Law Group
- Mack Taylor – Evans, GA – Attorney at Law, Mack Taylor Law
- Trey Taylor – Dublin, GA – Attorney at Law, Taylor Law, LLC
- Ryan Teague – Atlanta, GA – Attorney at Law, The Robbins Firm
- Frank Turner, Jr. – Covington, GA – Attorney at Law, Greer, Stansfield & Turner, LLP
- Josh Waters – Perry, GA – Associate Attorney, Walker Hulbert Gray & Moore, LLP
- Kathleen Wilkinson – Atlanta, GA – Attorney at Law, Hall Booth Smith, P.C.